HWHR-Energy for Everything
We need Energy for Everything, including our running. So, today in our HWHR mini episode we give you an overview of the key nutrients needed as building blocks in energy production so you can have high levels of energy for everything you need to do.
If you would like to find out more about our Healthy Woman Healthy Runner Programme please book a FREE Discovery Call
Book your place on our next FREE TRAINING: Learn all about our Healthy Woman Healthy Runner Method.
You can choose either 12 noon or at 6pm (BST), whichever best suits your lifestyle.
We love podcasting but we love being with you LIVE even more so we can’t wait to meet you in our ZOOM ROOM!
Outlining the 4 key nutrients to be discussed then moving on to introduce each one and explain their relevance to energy production.
Thinking about the impact of depleted levels of these key nutrients on a mid-life female runner
Delving into the food sources of these 4 key nutrients and considering foods that contain all the key nutrients to help keep meal preparation easy.
- We talk about 4 key nutrients here, but remember there are many nutrients involved, in some capacity, in the production of energy.
- These 4 nutrients (iron, copper, Mg and B-vits) tend to have multiple roles within the Krebs cycle (energy production), especially Mg and the B-vits
- Remember poor energy production could impact on your everyday health AND your running performance
- Poor energy could result in poor recovery from training as well as an increased risk of injury and illness
- To help prevent insufficiency of any of these key nutrients it is important to eat the foods that contain them FREQUENTLY and keep it CONSISTENT
- Some foods contain ALL of the key nutrients, which helps keep it simple and easy when preparing meals/snacks e.g. legumes and nuts and seeds.
The suggestions we make during this episode are for guidance and
advice only, and are not a substitute for medical advice or treatment.
If you have any concerns regarding your health, please contact
your healthcare professional for advice as soon as possible.
Aileen Smith and Karen Campbell met at as nutrition students (Institute for Optimum Nutrition, London) and became lifelong friends and nutritional buddies! Both have a love of running and a passion for nutrition, delicious food and healthy living.
Together they host RUNNERS HEALTH HUB. A place for like-minded runners who are looking for simple ways to support running performance, energy, endurance, and general great health.
We are excited to be able to share our expertise, experience and short cuts with you. We hope you'll join us again. If you'd like to know more about us and She Runs Eats Performs please check out our TRAILER.
If you're ready to make learn more about how you may introduce easy nutrition into your running and training plan join our Easy Nutrition For Healthy Runners Online Programme for short videos, recipes, downloads and LIVE training and Q&A.
As a THANK YOU to you as one of our valued listeners, we have a special offer for you use COUPON CODE POD to get 33% discount off the full price which brings the price to £199.
If you’d like help from Karen and Aileen to design a personalised sports nutrition plan for your running - please contact them at email@example.com
Aileen and Karen
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy